My Pug Alvin Is Missing

Clyde

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't list him as stolen so much as missing. It could deter someone from doing the right thing if they think they will be accused of theft if they simply picked up a wondering dog.

If he was wandering and he isn't taken to the local vet or pound they're doing the wrong thing. If they are taking him because they've found him then no one would be accusing then of anything as a thief wouldn't take him there looking for an owner. I understand what you are saying but I was thinking of the alert being more noticeable If it said stolen. Anyway, it was just a thought and possibly not a good one.

I keep checking hoping he's snuffling and sneezing in Clydes arms already. :(

Clyde, the bird idea might be a possibility but I wouldn't think it a high chance.

Edited by ~Anne~

Guest RosieFT

I have been following along hoping to hear good news. I just wanted to add my concern and thoughts along with everyone else. I hope you find him soon.

Clyde, the bird idea might be a possibility but I wouldn't think it a high chance.

No, I agree but im grasping at straws now. Have even checked the freezers, BBQ, back of drawers in chests - stupid unlikely places bbut that's what it's come to!

I think the fact that he didn;t show up for dinner last night means he's really in trouble or taken off - anyone with a Pug would get what I mean!

I wouldn't list him as stolen so much as missing. It could deter someone from doing the right thing if they think they will be accused of theft if they simply picked up a wondering dog.

If he was wandering and he isn't taken to the local vet or pound they're doing the wrong thing. If they are taking him because they've found him then no one would be accusing then of anything as a thief wouldn't take him there looking for an owner. I understand what you are saying but I was thinking of the alert being more noticeable If it said stolen. Anyway, it was just a thought and possibly not a good one.

I keep checking hoping he's snuffling and sneezing in Clydes arms already. :(

And I get what you're saying too Anne. :) Just hope the little guys found soon.

I have everything crossed here that Alvin will be home real soon, I had friends loose there 12 year old Beagle two weeks ago. They were frantic and did everything you have done and it turned out some kids had taken him back to there house. The annoying part is it took the parents two days to ring the number on his collar. (because they had no phone credit)

I have my fingers crossed you will be telling us a happy ending story like my friends.

I have put Alvin on my face book page, the more people looking the better.

Perry jumped my six foot fence and went walkabout when I first got her. I advertised everywhere - radio, newspapers, posters, all the vets, all local pounds. She turned up on Saturday - she had gone much further than I would have imagined, had crossed a major road, lost her name tag. On the Saturday (she went missing on the Monday) I had a phone call from a family who had had her since the Monday - she had been adopted by their brain damaged son and they did not have any means to take her to the pound or RSPCA because their car was off the road, they did not get the local papers except for Saturday so did not see my ads. They recognised her instantly from the description and rang up early Saturday morning. Non pet people do not think of taking a lost animal to a vet. I hope Alvin turns up soon.

Is it worth keeping an eye on sites like Gumtree and Petlink etc in case he has fallen into the wrong hands and they try to sell him?

Have shared on FB, I too keep checking and hoping. Sending optimistic vibes to you and your family Clyde. :grouphug:

Oh this is the worst thing...same thing happened to me last year I was in Sydney and my Cavalier Star was lost in Gunnedah ...I got him back after I put a call over the local radio...someone had picked him up and had also called the local radio station..Try that if you haven't already. I do so hope he is returned to you safe and sound.

I hope he is found sage and sound. Nothing is worse than not knowoing,

Years ago Im lost a shih tzu for abou 5 days when she ran of in a storm. She reappeared asking a picnicker for food after having been in the bush for that time.