Dog Weight Management Survey

jaybeece

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is no ability to answer the question regarding type of food the dog receives for those who feed raw...Additionally on the same question regarding type of food the last answer is about quantity of food.

I'm afraid i abandoned the questionnaire part way through as i couldn't answer the question about type of food and the electronic copy won't let me move on. Research data needs to be factual for quality analysis to occur and the questionnaire didn't allow me to be factual as it fails to ask about 'other' options that the researcher has failed to ask... herein lies one of the weaknesses of quantitative research with a singular data gathering methodology.

there is no ability to answer the question regarding type of food the dog receives for those who feed raw...Additionally on the same question regarding type of food the last answer is about quantity of food.

I'm afraid i abandoned the questionnaire part way through as i couldn't answer the question about type of food and the electronic copy won't let me move on. Research data needs to be factual for quality analysis to occur and the questionnaire didn't allow me to be factual as it fails to ask about 'other' options that the researcher has failed to ask... herein lies one of the weaknesses of quantitative research with a singular data gathering methodology.

I feed raw and dry equally so answered dry but it did make me wonder if the researcher was in fact a dog owner.

I feed raw and dry equally so answered dry but it did make me wonder if the researcher was in fact a dog owner.

Yep, same here...no box to tick if you feed raw and the question about what type of feeding your dog only gives the options of treats.

I didn't see a box on a healthy type treat like a bone or carrot or banana.

It is a stupid questionnaire and made me cross :-D

I had to stop when I got to the questions about what type of dog, the nibbler the gourmet etc, it was a stupid question and I couldn't fit my dogs into any of the catagories but I couldn't go on until I answered it. :confused:

Done - but I have 3 dogs, and was really only given the option to state the age of 1 of them.

My dogs are perfect weight for their types anyways... even though I'm not... the only one who gets extra treats around here is me... *grin*

T.

What type of canine eater is your dog?

(please tick the most appropriate box)

The Nibbler = Nibbles at the food left out for it all day and eats little at meal timesā˜

The Beggar = Fusses noisily to get food and gets fed

The Good Dog = Affection from owner and other members of the house is shown primarily through the feeding of treats

The Gourmet Dog = Allowed to eat table scraps in place of or in addition to its main meal(s)

I can't select any of the options. My dogs don't have access to food all day, they don't fuss to get food, affection is not demonstrated through treats, and they don't get table scraps.

They get food as a routine and have to sit politely for it.

Edited by Odin-Genie

The Nibbler = Nibbles at the food left out for it all day and eats little at meal timesā˜

The Good Dog = Affection from owner and other members of the house is shown primarily through the feeding of treats

The Gourmet Dog = Allowed to eat table scraps in place of or in addition to its main meal(s)

I can't select any of the options. My dogs don't have access to food all day, they don't fuss to get food, affection is not demonstrated through treats, and they don't get table scraps.

Yes, that is the question that doesn't give enough options. There should have been a section for 'not many treats, just raw diet' or similar

I'm doing it now, but finding a lot of the questions don't have an accurate answer. A "free choice" or "other".

For example, my dog is under 1 year old, but the only choices for age are "1-4"

What type of food do you feed your dog? None of the options fit, I feed raw. I guess "Home cooked" would be most appropriate, although "cooked" isn't true. I'm considering not submitting the survey because my answers won't be accurate.

I just did it and I'd agree it's actually a poorly worded survey that doesn't really provide all options for what you could be feeding your dog and the one about "what sort of dog..." is just stupid becuase my dog is none of those options!!!

Nonetheless I answered the best I could but I don't think I'd be holding much weight on the results (sorry couldn't help myself with that!! :laugh: ).

Yep, that's the question that stumped me too. None applied. I feed my dogs proper food at meal times.