My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been a Groomer for many years (now retired!) I still have a keen interest in the industry.

I was shocked today to find while Googling, an image taken within an Australian Dog Grooming School, with a dog in the background unsupervised on a table with his neck in a noose. If this is considered "ok" in a Grooming School, what hope do new graduates have of developing safe practices???? It's shameful.

While I agree with you if there is still someone in the room then technically the dog isn't unattended and should a mishap occur (despite it being in a position where it should NOT have) the dogs life is not in jepardy if a quick release is possible...HOWEVER to leave a dog UNATTENDED and to come back to it having hung is totally unforgiveable! :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Both ACA and Today Tonight looked at Buddy's story and didnt want to cover it :(. I contacted the Penrith Press, they called me back for more details but I never heard from them again :(

Nothing has happenned with the media,lots of people tried to help but nothing ever eventuated. I have written a short newspaper story as a English assignment and might even just send that out and see what happens.

I think I'll name the Salon publically now, I'll put it in the title of this post. I was only waiting as the TV said IF they took it they would want to be able to 'break' the story, be first.

How disappointing and very sad for you, Caz, that the media has given you the brush off.

Perhaps you can publish your "review" on the salon's page as Kirislin has suggested?? It would pretty soon be taken down, but a few people might get to read it and be warned.

Something else I just thought of: have you been in touch with Urban Animal? I doubt they'd publish the story, but they might do a story without naming names and give a contact for anyone wanting to know the name of the salon.

If you put your report up here, we could all put it on our FB pages. It would spread like wildfire.

I am sure everyone here wishes they could make your pain go away. :cry::cry:

Hi Caz,

I've just read the entire thread and I'm really sorry for your loss. Its such a horrible experience and I completely support your decision to make everything public. Shame on them.

No dog should ever go through that. Buddy was such a stunning boy, RIP.

Thanks DD I saw your post on FB and have shared it now too.

Hugs Caz. I think the Urban Animal idea is a good one - even if it's just 'how to identify a good groomer'.

That's good, Sammy's Mum, because most of my FB people are DOL people and have probably already shared this. You'll have a much broader scope for dissemination. :thumbsup:

Shared on FB

"SPLISH SPLASH DOG & CAT GROOMING

Coreen Ave Penrith! Beware

A gorgeous old Golden Retriever boy was left unattended on the grooming table with a choker chain, they returned to find him dead by strangulation after falling off the table.

Run free Buddy xxx"

Guest donatella

Caz you should start up a facebook page as a dedication to Buddy and as a warning about this salon so that people can like and share it. Word will spread quick.