My Beautiful Buddy Hung At The Groomers ....how Can This Happen ;(

Cazstaff

Oh Caz, those photos are gorgeous. I am so glad that they will be held accountable even if the fine is so small.

I hope the press release comes off as you would like it to.

You have done such and amazing job getting Buddy's story out there and getting the grooming salon held accountable even though you are grieving. You are made of tough stuff.

Gorgeous, gorgeous Buddy.

Edited by OSoSwift

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maeby Fünke

Thankyou so much for asking after me Snook and Missymoo. Its been 3 long weeks now and today I finally got the first bit of good news.

The AWL Inspector called me to let me know after 'investigating' they had decided to charge the salon owner under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals act for failing to provide adequate care. Its the highest fine ($1000) they can issue with out taking it to court. I am so pleased that there has been official recognition of the horrid thing that happenned and that it was her fault!!

The Inspector has also ordered changes to procedures and ensured me they will keep checking up to make sure they do everything they have been told to or they will be fined again.

There are other things happenning too that I hope to be able to share with all you kind hearted people who have kept me afloat through this mad nightmare.

Buddy has left such a huge gap! I find myself getting teary over silly things like the longer grass patches on the front lawn from where he would wee. They are tangible things from him being here that I don't want to go away, is that crazy?

My dad (and mum when she was alive) has always been a Goldy lover,he was secretary of the GR Club years ago and has had Goldies for decades. When I adopted Buddy dad said 'now you've done it!' 'There is nothing that compares to Goldy love and once you have known it you can't live with out it!' I think he was right :cry: :cry:

I'm so glad you have found some closure for yourself...

And what a wonderful thing you have done for Buddy and other dogs. Take care :hug:

(I haven't looked at the photos yet)

eta

Just saw the photos... How lovely.

Edited by Maeby Fünke

What a divine soul Buddy is.. you can see that special light in his eyes and that adorable soft loving expression... this brings floods of tears to my eyes.

I am pleased that at least the salon will be held formally accountable for the shocking result of their neglect and that Buddys death will have brought about some changes..

I know the memories the two of you made together will be held closely in your heart..

Helen

So unfair and unnecessary, Buddy's loss is beyond tragic. What a beautiful boy, the photos have got me in tears this morning as it really shows us all what a truly special dog he was.

I agree that Goldies are just the best dogs, I love them and always wanted one myself.

I'm glad you have been able to get some justice for him and that this will hopefully prevent the same thing happenging to another dog left at this groomer's mercy.

Hugs to you, so very very sad.

It takes a lot to make me cry, but those pics of Buddy with the coolie pups made my eyes leak!

I'm so glad the AWL persued the salon, even if the fine is minimal it's the principle of them having to face up to their actions.

• 3 weeks later...

Caz, its just amazing that Buddy has touched so many hearts and souls here and its spreading :) I am glad the salon got fined...but its such a small price to pay for the loss of your beautiful friend.

I hope you eventually find peace with Buddy's loss :cry:

Lynn