Please Help Me Save My Dog

Jellyblush

I also check in often to see how you are going.

I do have to add apart from some very awesome DOLers, Jelly I think you are fantastic. I read your posts when you say you have failed Roo - rubbish you have given far more than most, you have tried anything and everything you can and are still looking for options. I can honestly say If Roo was mine I would most likely have made the euthanasia decision by now.....I hope you don't find that upsetting, I am telling you to illustrate to you what a fantastic job you are doing with your girl. You have stubbornly and doggedly refused to give up on this little girl. I feel I can honestly say if you can't do it with Roo then it cannot be done.

Best of luck and fingers crossed for your next part of your journey.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read in the supermarket thread that you can tie Roo up outside the supermarket. I thought that was interesting as I couldn't do that with my girl that has a bit of SA. She would be out of that collar in a flash and trying to find me. I would let your trainers know that about Roo.

I just read in the supermarket thread that you can tie Roo up outside the supermarket. I thought that was interesting as I couldn't do that with my girl that has a bit of SA. She would be out of that collar in a flash and trying to find me. I would let your trainers know that about Roo.

Okat, will do. It's not ideal. She does stress and bark. However, over time she has realised I am gone only briefly and settled more. The alternative for me (leaving her at home) is much worse, she would self harm

Roo and jelly are on their way home. There is a lot of promise in roo she didnt stress once and she spent a lot of time in my crate in a closed van totally relaxed. Met other dogs, walked nicely on lead by me without pulling to or being in eyeshot of jelly and gave me focus wagging her tail. Implementing a new routine for home so jelly can have her social life back and roo can be home alone.

Roo and jelly are on their way home. There is a lot of promise in roo she didnt stress once and she spent a lot of time in my crate in a closed van totally relaxed. Met other dogs, walked nicely on lead by me without pulling to or being in eyeshot of jelly and gave me focus wagging her tail. Implementing a new routine for home so jelly can have her social life back and roo can be home alone.

:thumbsup: great to hear :)

1360385782[/url]' post='6117774']

Sounds promising :crossfingers:

I don't see so far why Jelly can't get out of the house and leave Roo. We're trying some radical things with Roo and a bit of a lifestyle change to prevent her hurting herself, she showed today she can do totally new things without having a freak out so I don't see why we can't generalise. A bit of life control never hurt anyone, and Roo is actually quite malleable. She's just got that tough bully breeding that doesn't care when the body gets hurt so painful behaviors don't stop her doing what she thinks is a great idea at the time.

Hey I'm a self professed bogan :rofl: we forgot to take photos, which we should have because we had a Dogue, St Bernard and Malinois there too :D

But here are some of last years photos of Nekhbet being a fat bogan whilst training dogs ...

IMGP4869.jpg

thank goodness my back got better and I dropped most of that weight ... but Mr Nekhbet is the spunky one so have photos of him instead :rofl:

IMGP6307.jpg

IMGP4800.jpg

DSC_0293.jpg

Edited by Nekhbet

This is such a great update, have been following this thread with great interest and am so glad to read Roo is not beyond help. Nekhbet, what a great person you are to generously help out with Roo and Jelly. :thumbsup: I hope it all goes well and please keep us all updated.