Buddy's Happy Ending

Some of you may remember Buddy, the kelpie boy I rescued (as a pup) from BP? He was adopted last year but the guy who adopted him, ended up surrendering him to HP some months later, along with his female kelpie x, also a rescue. He ended up going back for the female but left Bud for dead. :(

Thankfully, the staff at HP contacted me to let me know he was there.

You'd remember him T, you kindly went out to HP to pick him up for me. :)

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/229574-so-angry-one-of-my-rescues-surrended-to-pound/page__st__30

Anyways, Bud has been waiting patiently since then for his forever home to come along. And it finally did! :thumbsup:

A few weeks back I recieved a call from a lovely lady who was very interested in him.

She explained she was from Germany and that she (and her husband) were dog trainers. They ran their own dog training school in Germany. They moved to Australia to live, a year and a half ago. She asked lots of questions (and vice versa) about him and assured me they had all the experience, time and love in the world to give him, so we arranged a meet and greet. :)

With so many dogs at home, I decided to arrange the initial meet and greet at the local park. I didn't want any interference and wanted to give Bud the best possible chance.

So off we went to the park. They were there waiting for us, Mum, Dad and 18yr old Son, who is also interested/experienced in dog training.

It was love at first sight. They loved him and he loved them. :thumbsup:

They spent quiet a bit of time with him and we talked lots about dogs. They were so interesting and so into dogs, I could of spent all day with them and almost did!

Bridgette (the Mum) said if I ever have a dog that I require assistance with (training wise) to contact her and she'd only be too happy to help. I thought that was very kind of her. I could tell by the way she handled Buddy, she knew what she was doing.

The meet and greet was a success and the yard check was too so I had no hesitation in sending Buddy on trial with them. Bud went on trial the weekend before last. :)

When they came to pick him up I was busy baking dog biscuits for them to take home with them for Buddy, Bridgette says to me "We bake our own too", I said "Really? Great minds think alike". lol. I still gave them the batch I was baking specially for Bud and they kindly accepted them. :)

Just as they were about to leave with Buddy, Bridgette broke down and started crying. She held her hand on her heart and said to me, "Thankyou. You do not know how much this means to us", and she gave me the biggest hug.

I have recieved several updates since then, the latest one, today, well yesterday now as it's past midnight! (the photos below)

They absolutely adore him and when I was speaking to Bridgette on the phone the night before last, she says to me "We could never, ever, ever, ever, ever, imagine life without Buddy now. We just love him so much. He is perfect".

During updates I recieved earlier on, she told me how he settled in straight away, from day 1, as though he'd always been there. She told me how he goes for 2-3 walks a day and how he likes to sit up on the porch and watch the world go by, not a care in the world. :laugh:

He sleeps inside with them at night and is allowed inside whenever he pleases.

They even drove all the way to Jervis Bay last weekend just to take him to the beach! I asked her "You don't want to adopt me do you?" she couldn't stop laughing. lol

When I asked her how he went at the beach on the weekend, she said he absolutely loved it! he ran in and out of the waves. :laugh: She said he met a few dog friends there and had a good play and was such a good boy. She said he just loves everyone. People, kids, dogs, absolutely everyone. :)

She invited us to visit anytime we like, which I thought was lovely of her.

Although I miss him (hard not to, he was part of the family for so long) I am just so happy for him. :)

He waited so long and so patiently for his forever home to come along and he couldn't of found a more perfect family.

It was as though it was meant to be... :heart:

Buddy. Taken with us.

8413341367_0b8a5b1022.jpg

Some photo's I recieved today, (yesterday now) taken at his new home and at the beach. :)

8413501284_3fcbc10fbb.jpg

8413501296_78d52e7280.jpg

8413501312_8329a8bf67.jpg

8413501320_717122a082.jpg

That smile is priceless... :heart:

8413501338_b2043c23af.jpg

8413501354_525e44a6aa.jpg

8412408351_10e8e22533.jpg

Edited by k9angel

Way to go Buddy!

I remember bring him home to you from HP Rach... he gave me kisses at regular intervals... *grin*

He looks like he's completely content with his new family... and seems to have formed a bond with his "boy" too... awesome!

T.

Bridgette's not the only one in tears! Lovely story, lovely pics, lovely band of people who make sure Buddy didn't perish in the pound, lovely rescuer who kept him until the right home came along... & lovely family who adopted him.

There's a look dogs get when they know they're loved... and home for life. Buddy's got it.