Goodbye Gorgeous Boy

baifra

Oakley my little man went to the bridge on Tuesday night after a short battle with heart failure.

Oakley and his sibling Chloe were rescued from Renbury Farm in early 2012. They were very lucky to go as a pair to rescue where we found them in April after losing our two elderly dogs a month apart.

We fell for both of them immediately and although they both had some issues we accepted that. They were 10 years old so needed time to settle.

Oakley was a gentle boy who I absolutely adored and my heart breaks all over again every time I remember his soulful eyes.

He was diagnosed with end stage heart failure in early December and we knew we didn't have long. Quality not quantity.

The massive storms we had last weekend terrified him and his heart was very stressed. He didn't recover do we made the dreaded decision to let him go.

Chloe was with him while the vet came to our house and with the dignity he always showed, Oakley crossed over the bridge quietly in my arms hearing my voice as he went.

Bye baby boy, you touched my heart like no other, handsome man.

IMG_0452_zps1b57f462.jpg

IMG_0422_zpsaebdfd18.jpg

IMG_0068_zps5310ada1.jpg

IMG_0103_zpsc1f5b292.jpg

Edited by baifra

I'm so sorry for your loss. :cry: Oakley looked like such a gentleman. He was very lucky to have had you to show him real love in the twilight of his life.

Thinking of you all, and especially thinking of Chloe, who I am sure will miss her brother terribly. :cry:

One year or two, or a dozen: it is never long enough and the holes they leave in our lives are enormous. Oakley looked like a young man, but we never know what is lurking underneath a shiney coat and a lovely face.

The bond between him and Chloe looks very strong and I hope with your love surrounding her, you both manage this sad time. :cry::cry:

Best wishes and deepest condolences.