It's My 10th Anniversary

Salukifan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Awww they are a gorgeous bunch HW! The expression on the little black poodle is hilarious in that photo too :laugh:

Which black one? Ted or Darcy?

Oh I'm not sure about names but the one with the candy cane headdress. He just looks SO enthusiastic :)

That's Darcy. The orignal dog of very little brain. I maintain to this day that his breeder dropped him on his head as a baby. His breeder (JAG, member here) swears she didn't but she would wouldn't she. :cool:

Haha! Maybe it's the name... My boy who was named Mr Darcy (god bless him) was most certainly a dog of little brain also :o

Happy Anniversary HW

I just checked my joining date and my 10 anniversary was yesterday.. :thumbsup:

I joined on 29th January 2004 - looking for a playmate for Ollie dog..

12126502104_0a5e2ddbaf.jpg

Ollie dog 2011 by jamoore photos, on Flickr

Loads has changed for me as well.

When I joined I had a husband, two boys at home and a gorgeous stafford, Ollie.

My husband passed away two years ago and Ollie dog went just three weeks after him.

One son has married and moved out and the other is still here but no longer a kid.

Ollie dog battled mast cell tumours (MCT), grade 2 with no clear margins and survived many, many years more than the estimated 12-18 months.

He lived 6 years from being diagnosed.

In that time, I learned so much about MCT, chemo, holistic support and diet for dogs.

Less than one week after Ollie dog was given his wings, I was at the local pound picking up a foster dog and met this lad, when he was about 6 months old.

12001217453_4701502662.jpg

Day 18 - Happy Place (his happy place, the dog park) #fmsphotoaday by jamoore photos, on Flickr

Zig has been a challenge to train but a joy to own - he came into my life just at the right time.

I agree with everything HW has said about the forums - it is rarely dull.

Mostly, I have met (online and in real life) some really good friends.

Congrats! Certainly been some coming and going around here.

I seem to recall you were the first target of Beau's Mum's ravings! :eek:

:laugh: I think I've been the target of most people's ravings at some stage or another!

Staffyluv:

I agree with everything HW has said about the forums - it is rarely dull.

Mostly, I have met (online and in real life) some really good friends.

Happy Anniversary to you too Staffyluv!

One of the sadder parts of long term membership is watching much loved DOL dogs go to the bridge - dogs like Ollie, Cordielia, Angus, Mooper's Jack, the Grotty Rotty, the gorgeous Rocco. :( I still have the Rocco and Ralph calendar I bought a few years back.

But your point about friends is a good one. I've made some excellent friends in real life via this forum. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

And don't forget the best Bully Atlas :thumbsup:

I don't post as often ,simply because if you get there first you just say it so much better than I could I don't see the point :laugh:

I miss a lot of the old dolers, Cordy used to have me in stitch's.

I assume poodles and whippys work well, who rules the roost?

Happy Anniversary HW! I'm a mere babe on here but have loved every minute of it, even the slightly ugly stuff has been a good learning experience! I actually have loads of new real life doggy friends from DOL and there are lots of people I have never met, probably never will, but who I like and care about a lot.

You get as much out of DOL as you put in. There are also some incredibly talented, hilariously funny and downright weird people on here. Love it!

And don't forget the best Bully Atlas :thumbsup:.

I assume poodles and whippys work well, who rules the roost?

Yep. I remember Atlas! :)

Oldest poodle is still in charge. I'd say youngest Whippet will take over when Ted goes to the bridge.

I'm one of those, as you know, who has made the transition from pet owner (and rescuer) to exhibitor and breeder. DOL has brought many good things into my life including some of my dearest friends. It has also bought its times of stress including the time when I was (falsely) accused of trying to damage Cordelia's reputation. A very unpleasant affair it was too!

Happy Anniversay Poodlefan (you'll always be PF to me)! And I just love that photo of Lily showing everyone that she is the Queen of everything at your house. :laugh:

ETA: It's my 10th anniversary this year too! I joined to learn about rescue which I became heavily involved in after I lost my elderly cattle dog cross. Now I'm just a plain old pet owner.

Edited by jemappelle

Just remembering some of the great DOL scandals/revelations.

Peter Pumpkin (fleeced members here until outed)

Troy finally outed as really being Chuck Norris :worship:

Numerous dramas involving dodgy breeders and buyers. Chuck Norris Troy dealt with those.

A couple of very public meltdowns (who can forget Beau's Mum) :eek:

Ah memories...

haa Poodlefan indeed :D

oooh President of ACT **ASD & CAS special favours request incoming **

:laugh: @ Chuck Norris Troy

:thumbsup: for the senior poodles :)

Congratulations HW / PF :champagne:

I am coming up for 10 years in April too :cheers:

I still love the same breeds I have had for the last 30 years, Shepherds, both Belgian & German, & Kelpies; although the lovely boy that brought me to DOL has now gone. Just down to two in our pack now, a Groenendael & a Kelpie...... maybe I am getting old?

There's a lot of former members that I miss too, they are too numerous to mention (& of course the scandals :whisper:) :laugh: However, I usually visit DOL most days..... there is always something to learn about dogs :)

I'd never even thought about it, but I just checked and I'm nearly three weeks older than you. I joined Jan 02 2004.

Since I hang mostly in the rescue forum, I remember a fair few meltdowns there - the stolen Bulldog foster mother, the woman who claimed to be a rescuer and ended up with some meltdown about a child terrorising her neighbourhood. Good times. LOL

More generally I remember the man who sued the breeder of his dog, but for the life of me I can't remember what about.

Happy tenth anniversary HW - thanks for being a voice of reason and science for those years.