Ollie Dog

Staffyluv

• Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is sleeping mostly today. He is not well though - he has not eaten today (or dinner last night) but is still drinking an bringing up his water...

He did want to go for a little walk this morning - he was quite happy to walk around the park and then stop under one of the big trees for a little rest...

Sadly I sit with him, waiting for him to tell me, he has had enough and that it is his time - I know it is coming but he has not given it to me yet... All I can do is wait...

I love him so much...

Jodie

I know Warls, thanks darl...

I keep hoping that the little guy will bounce back yet again - we live in hope everyday... I will never give up hope - but I won't keep him here if he wants to go either...

We are having family portraits done this Friday (including him)...

Jodie

Dear Jodie.

;)

Bless you for all you have done and have tried to do for Ollie, and for the love that shines from you to him. Above all, I believe it is the latter that has helped him to get as far as he has now.

We're all here for you, whenever you need.

And Helen (DBS) - a word for you too. You're always there helping others (as you did for Kal and I, through her illness and beyond her passing) even when you yourself are suffering the emotion of anticipated loss. Thank you for everything you do. Know that we're here for you too in your journey with Lucinda. :(

Edited by Erny

• 4 weeks later...

To all our Dol friends,

A quick update because we may be off line for a couple of weeks at the end of this week...

We called into the vets to drop off a Christmas present to say thanks for all they had done for us this year and they just had to give Ollie the once over while we were there...

He has lost another 2kg - which is good and bad... But he is looking well and still loving his walks, family and food (not necessarily in that order)... The vet thinks he looks fantastic and agrees that it is not his time yet - even though he continues to scare the bejesus out of me when he comes down with anything and everything...

We are looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home with the lad - roast turkey is one of his favourites... He has heaps of presents; both from us and others in the family who know he is sick and have now considered him one of the kids...

We just want to say thank you to all the DOLers that have helped us so much over the last 13 months since Ollie was diagnosed with cancer - THANKYOU!

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Ollie dog and Jodie

post-1950-1166578961_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staffyluv

:happydance2: For precious Ollie dog.

Jodie I have earmarked this thread to keep updated with his progress, you are such a dedicated owner and Ollie is so lucky to have you.

I am thrilled to know that you will have your precious boy for another Christmas.

Give Ollie a hug from me and a lick from the Frenchies.

We hope that you all have a wonderful sharing Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another update:

We had a trip to the vets this morning to have another lump checked and even without testing, the vet said it was obviously a mast cell (it felt like one and is a bit ulcerated)... He also has a few patches about the size of a five cent piece where the skin is a little flakey and the hair is falling out...

So they are doing full blood work to make sure that his thyroid meds are OK and to check white blood cell counts and a buffy coat test to see if the mast cell cancer is active (fingers crossed for us)...

I will let you all know how the blood work comes back, when it does...

The vet was very please with him, said he looks great; his coat and eyes are bright and he seems happy...

Cheers

Jodie