Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

it is so nice to sit here amongst all these caring people :)

It certainly is.

Just popping in to drop off a potato bake dish for lunch ( I know its a tad early , but it magically stays hot and yummy !! )

Also penned another little poem for Jed - thinking of you and willing you back to goood health :stupid:

Time slowly moves on

And we all wait to hear

Hoping only for good news

The alternative we fear

In our virtual waiting room

Food and stories are shared

For when it comes to our Jed

There's always a fond word

Right now she is resting

And starting to heal

All the love and good wishes

She'll most certainly feel

So lets all light a new candle

And send a good vibe

From all your true friends

At the Dogz Online tribe

Lovely poem Mona.

:eat: great poem Mona ,hers one of my dittys ....

The waiting room is filled to busting ,& we are all here & trusting ,

That we will all soon be hearing good news ,

To chase aways our fears & blues .

The weather here is not the best ,So a real good time for Jed to rest .

Dont rush yourself on our behalf,But join us all as we wait,eat,talk & try to raise a laugh .

All of us are waiting here,just for you ,

sending healing vibes ,love & care so true.

Every day of healing is one day less,

Trusting soon you will be able your loved ones to carress.

Yours is lovely also CL.

::: sit and grins at this room full of love, good food and fantastic company :::

ahhhhh the procrastination of life.... sigh... well I will sit here quietly doing my course and listen to the great conversations going on... please excuse me if I don't say much

Both those poems and great ...and oh so true

I think after Jed has gotten better and healed we need to make another waiting room in off topic so this vibe of friendliness and camaraderie can continue

and we can continue to wish those with misfortune and ill health a road to recovery

what do you think?

Harminee I think that's a fantastic idea.

OK, today Jed is still ventilated in ICU and is likely to be so a few more days. She appears to be recovering from her setback.

She IS able to communicate of a sort to her daughter, and one of the first things she has got across was that she was worried about ME and she wanted Caitlin to make sure I knew what was going on!!!

I am gobsmacked at this amazing lady to think of others at this time :rofl:

Please don't ask me questions as I don't believe it is my place to answer them. If Jed wants to tell you about her experience, she will do so when she is ready.

We know how much she values her privacy so can I ask that we all try to respect that. There is still a long road ahead, but things are looking up at this stage.

Toohey thank you so much for the update. It gladdens the heart to read this. Privacy will remain respected. Bless you all.

Just to hear a little something was lovely, thank you Toohey. We know she's still okay :crazy:

Ditto.

Quickly popping in - have brought a couple of thermos' of hot choccie and some marshmallows and also a few magazines. I've just relit my candle and sent some positivity. Keep fighting Jed.

*gives all the doggies a cuddle* I'll be back tomorrow. Sleep well :rofl:

Edited by Georgie-boy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, today Jed is still ventilated in ICU and is likely to be so a few more days. She appears to be recovering from her setback.

She IS able to communicate of a sort to her daughter, and one of the first things she has got across was that she was worried about ME and she wanted Caitlin to make sure I knew what was going on!!!

I am gobsmacked at this amazing lady to think of others at this time :(

Please don't ask me questions as I don't believe it is my place to answer them. If Jed wants to tell you about her experience, she will do so when she is ready.

We know how much she values her privacy so can I ask that we all try to respect that. There is still a long road ahead, but things are looking up at this stage.

Thank you so much for letting us know how Jed is going, Toohey. It's wonderful to hear that she's made a little more progress at least.

A link to the candles:

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candle...=eng&gi=dol

Reading Hotfurball's post has made me start crying again thinking of all Jane and her dogs have been through..

Sorry MissMolly, I didn't mean to upset anyone... :thumbsup:

Time slowly moves on

And we all wait to hear

Hoping only for good news

The alternative we fear

In our virtual waiting room

Food and stories are shared

For when it comes to our Jed

There's always a fond word

Right now she is resting

And starting to heal

All the love and good wishes

She'll most certainly feel

So lets all light a new candle

And send a good vibe

From all your true friends

At the Dogz Online tribe

Just beautiful Mona.

Lovely ditty from Cockerlover too.

oh Toohey, that's awesome news and just goes to show what a wonderful, warm, brave, lady Jed is!

I have tears of joy, for a lady I know very little about, just knowing she is awake-ish and able to communicate with her daughter :thumbsup:

THANK YOU for letting us know :eek::(

Couldn't have said it any better...Huge thanks to you Toohey, we are grateful for any news of Jed's health...everything else is her own business. Just glad to hear of any improvement and delighted to hear she's well enough to communicate somewhat.

Tyra, I'm not religious either but I've always loved that creation verse.

Off to light another candle...

Thank you so much for the update Toohey, happy not to have personal details, just to know the very basic's of how Jed is doing takes the edge off.

This roller coaster must be taking its toll on family and friends :-(

sending all our love & hope to Jed and the wonderful people around her.

Plunger coffee anyone ? :-))

fifi

What great news :( Thank you Toohey for taking the time to let us know, we understand the family's need for privacy at the moment, but just wanted to know she is moving forwards. Reading your update was a great start to a friday!

Candle has been relit, thinking of you Jed

The oil burner wafting its gentle magic about....the great food....the hot drinks...the very very naughty COLD drinks!.......the poems...........the singing...............the snuggley-ness of having so many wonderfully (magically) well-behaved dogs all gathered here with us.........I am sure that Jed is able to feel the unity among DOL here at this time and in this special place.

We are all doing what we can in the real world as well but this seems like an oasis to just catch our breath and focus our combined energies on Jed's healing.

Off to re-light my candle and have something wholesome for lunch (just to compensate for all my over-indulgence here this past week!)

Good morning everyone. How does a pot of herbal tea and a platter of fresh fruit sound this morning?

I was trying to think of something for Jed and came up with the idea of a special place for her. So Jed this morning I send you thoughts of the gentle ocean, the scent of wildflowers on the ocean breeze, birds quietly chattering in the background. A healing place for you.

Love to all.