What Wierd Stuff Does Your Dog Do With You?

Little Gifts

My cattle dog X used to obsessively lick me on the legs after a shower.. used to drive me up the wall! Lol

My Iggy likes to hop in the shower me when the opportunity presents! It's a bit weird as he usually hates water and would do anything to avoid a bath.. but if I'm in the shower, he wants to get in and wont take no for an answer easily Lol

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeewwww the licking after a shower is disgusting!! I can't stand being licked by any dog, I don't care if it's been washed two minutes before and has it's mouth disinfected - still disgusting.

My dog doesn't really do anything weird. Although if you confuse him he just sits & looks at you and whines laugh.gif

I can't stand being licked either.

Lewis in particular has to be touching me if I sit down on the lounge. As soon as my bum hits the chair he is up no matter what he is doing or where he is to sit next to me and touching me.

If he gets told no he gets instant sulks

Joey occasionally suckles at my hair when im trying to get to sleep. It used to weird me out, but I've gotten used to it over the years. Might be a comfort thing. I let him do it for a few seconds, but if it goes on too long, I push him away.

ps.. thats probably now grossing out some of you that don't like dogs licking their owners legs :o :laugh:

Edited by Jules♥Cavs

Bear used to insist on having her own chair beside mine when I was doing uni, and she used to watch the lectures so intensely. Especially if they were about birds! I do remember once when I'd been studying for an exam and I had been chewing my fingernails a bit, as soon as I put my hand down she started very delicately chewing my fingernails.

When I was pregnant she would always have her head on my tummy. If you asked 'where's your baby?' She'd come running from wherever she was and put her head on my tummy! We never taught her that so it was kinda weird. Now when the girlchild wakes up bear insists on being the first one in to say good morning!

That having leg licker thing is weird. The whole point of my shower is to de-dog-i-fy so I don't understand why you'd let yourself get covered in dog slobber all over again. :confused:

My dogs don't do anything weird; I don't let them.

Oh that sounds a bit sad

Bones has just started nibbling on hands. If I'm walking around the house with your arms relaxed, she will sneak up behind you and start nibbling really gently on my fingers. I don't know where she's picked up that idea from, but we're putting a stop to it, it's so annoying!! She also likes to settle really close to me, usually behind me where I can't see her. Standing in the kitchen cooking? Guaranteed I'll step back and trip over her. She used to sit behind the computer chair when I was at the computer, but she's been rolled on a few too many times and now settles down under the desk. I wonder if she'll keep doing that til she no longer fits?

Thundercleese likes to be touching me whenever possible. If I stay in one spot, he'll go settle on the couch, but if I'm moving around the house, he has to be close to me, touching some part of me with some part of him.

I was thinking after DD's thread about dogs who have to come to the toilet with us about the strange post human shower habits my heart dog and now my foster dog have.

I go in for my shower and they wait outside the door. If I'm home alone with the door open they are sitting on the bath mat shaking any stray water off their heads and faces.

So then we go to the bedroom and while I dry my upper body they each take a lower leg and lick it dry. After they have completed that important task they go and lie on my clothes, usually getting tangled in a bra or pair of undies. I have a large couch at the end of my bed so even if I am only going to put on jeans I wore yesterday they seem to now which clothes to lie on. How? And whilst the foster girl does like to run off with random items of clothing she never ever does it with things I am planning to wear. Again, how does she know what item from the clean washing pile on the chair I might have decided to wear?

If I'm getting very dressed up then I usually sit on the bed with a mirror and my make up bag and they help me forage through my selections, watching me intently while I'm putting it all on. They never nick or try and eat anything even though they would eat a lipstick or a lip gloss, hair tie or comb/brush if they found it lying around anywhere else in the house. Same with shoes.

Lastly after I moisturise my hands they like to give them a bit of taste lick and then we're done.

I think the part of our routine that always makes me laugh the most is the lower leg licking. It's like they think it is their job and wait patiently until I am standing in the correct position for the licking to commence. And they never go higher than the knee and never go onto my feet.

Anyone else's dog have wierd habits like this???

very descriptive and funny, I could just imagine it. :laugh:

Ricki loves sorbolene , when I am putting it on she circles and whines as I wont let her lick it off , gross weird animal :laugh:

Thank goodness! I thought my Dally was the only dog who loves Sorbolene :laugh: He just stands there looking sad now - I'm such a meanie!

Amber has taken a liking to OFF inspect repellant :eek: lick, lick lick

my two have shared some very deep, philosophical discussions with me..they don't say much, but I like to think they give appropriate consideration to what I'm saying and are supportive of my decisions..it's all you can ask. When I get little response from my husband on my appearance/makeup/dress etc, then I can count on my little girl to give me that honest, yet genuine support I need. She's very intuitive when it comes to what I'm needing.....

Two dogs that are a little strange about pat and scratches.

1st my lab boy, is the most vocal dog I have ever heard! He is a moaner laugh.gif It doesn't matter where you give him a scratch but if he likes it he will moan the whole time lol. Normally starting off with a soft cat like purr, but it gets loud enough to not be able to hear the TV over him!

2nd my partners ACD is obsessed with butt scratches (well just above her tail). If she knows you will do it, she will back up to you butt first. Then once you start scratching her she puts her head up high and starts licking the air. Its very strange.

Edna is a leg-licker! Always goes for the same spot on the back of my leg.

Given the chance she'll follow you into the loo and sit on your feet. If you're in the shower/bath she'll sit right outside the splash-zone. Anytime you kneel down or squat she's there between your legs. In the kitchen she loves to stand in between your feet. Butt facing the cupboards and looking out.

She's also a spooner, but she's always the little spoon. I usually sleep on my side with my knees bent and she crawls into the curve of my bent knees or stretches out along my back/stomach.

She likes to play bitey facey but she has no idea what to do if she gets her toy or your fingers in her mouth. If she has a toy she holds it in her mouth and kneads it like a kitty.

Ricki loves sorbolene , when I am putting it on she circles and whines as I wont let her lick it off , gross weird animal :laugh:

Thank goodness! I thought my Dally was the only dog who loves Sorbolene :laugh: He just stands there looking sad now - I'm such a meanie!

she has worked out where the sorbolene comes from now, I will have to make sure I dont leave the container down :rofl:

Sailor, that rang little alarm bells in my head - have you had the place where she licks checked out? Dogs have been known to worry at a specific spot on their owner's body and when checked out by a doctor, it turns out to be a nasty.

Sailor, that rang little alarm bells in my head - have you had the place where she licks checked out? Dogs have been known to worry at a specific spot on their owner's body and when checked out by a doctor, it turns out to be a nasty.

I hadn't even thought of it to be honest, I just assumed it was the only place she could reach! I have an appt this week with my GP so I'll put that on my list of things to get checked out. Thank you! :)

I hadn't even thought of it to be honest, I just assumed it was the only place she could reach! I have an appt this week with my GP so I'll put that on my list of things to get checked out. Thank you! :)

No problem, I am sure it will be absolutely nothing to worry about, but better to be safe.