Man Charged Over Death Of Pomeranian

Rosetta

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A YOUNG Brisbane woman has described how her puppy died in her arms despite resuscitation attempts after being attacked by a bull mastiff this week. Nineteen-year-old Tauri Chris said she was traumatised after her dog was killed by a bull mastiff on Wednesday only metres from her Calamvale home.

Ms Chris was walking her Pomeranian, Bella, at Orania Cresent about 5pm on Wednesday when she was approached by a man and his bull mastiff.

She said she called for the man not to come any closer but the dog attacked.

“My puppy died in my arms,” she said.

“I’ve never been more traumatised and messed up by anything in my life.

“My mum came up and gave Bella CPR and she came back to life but then she died a couple of seconds later.”

Ms Chris said she felt like she had lost a member of her family.

“My life was dedicated to that puppy,” she said. “It feels like my child has died.

“She was the most funny, loving dog. She was my best friend.”

A 55-year-old man from Calamvale has been charged with wilfully killing an animal. He is due in the Richlands Magistrates Court on October 28.

Police and council officers are still looking for the dog, described as a grey and white bull mastiff.

Calamvale Police Senior Sergeant Lance Bowman said earlier: “She tried to get in and break the dogs apart, but being that it was a big dog the little Pomeranian didn’t have a chance.

“The owner ... was very distraught. It would have been horrendous to see that.”

described as a grey and white bull mastiff.

A Bullmastiff it certainly wasn't.

Another cross bred owned by a tosser

Yea and I am kind of wondering why we needed that picture of this pretty young lady "contemplating the loss of her dog" that was clearly not actually taken during the incident on the of top of the article? Is it more horrendous when beautiful people loose their dog?

Poor little dog and owner. It would've been a horrible experience. I've never heard of a grey and white mastiff, and the victim looks like a mature dog to me, not a puppy. As BlackJaq said, does it tug at the heart strings more if a beautiful woman looses her puppy.

Most of these reports seem to have a photo of the grieving owner in them. So they shouldn't photo the owner because she is pretty? This is certainly not the first report were the owner has been photographed after the event.

That's true. I noticed it more because of the wording, calling the dog a puppy. I just had a squizz at her facebook page hoping for more info on the story. Didn't get any, but oh my dear! the language. :eek:

https://www.facebook.com/tauri.chris

Typical comments, typical nitpicking of subject. A dog died needlessly its sad I dont give a toss who owned the dog or what breed the dog is, or feel inspired to fault a person on their FB image (who believes everything they see on FB) or the report at hand.

I would hate to lose a dog this way...its sad another dog killed another dog.

If it was my dog Id be in the photo holding a picture bawling my eyes out and personally I wouldnt care who it offended.

And though I dont swear...trust me I wouldnt hold back if someones dog killed mine.

I know what happened is appalling,and she appears to be saying he deliberately let his dog off lead and set it on her and her dog but publishing his address on the Internet is not good. Surprised the police have not asked her to take that down,judging by some of the comments by her "friends" I would be nervous if I was the bloke.

Edited by coogie

I cannot believe the woman is being criticised for her language after she watched her dog die needlessly in such a traumatic way. And the comment about her being good looking- almost every article has a picture of the owner, who cares what they look like?

Poor dog, poor woman. :(

I cannot believe the woman is being criticised for her language after she watched her dog die needlessly in such a traumatic way. And the comment about her being good looking- almost every article has a picture of the owner, who cares what they look like?

Poor dog, poor woman. :(

Exactly.

I sure as hell would let loose with the language if that happened to my pet.

Doesn't make it right. The lynch mob mentality can be alive and well on the internet these days. It's pointless and vile, and all too often interferes with the criminal justice process.

But then we can turn around and whinge about court outcomes as well I suppose...

How frightful - he set the dog onto her and her poor little dog. If this was me, my language would be worse than hers, and why not put his address on the 'net?

There is no law against it, and it is sickening that these oiks do whatever they like, cause whatever damage and hurt that they like, and people still say "Oh, you shouldnt do that, you shouldn't be against him".

People who now pick on her aren't much better than the attacker, imho. And of course, nothing will happen to him. His dog will probably be destroyed, although he was now sent it out of town, and he may get his hand slapped. She has to live with seeing her dog die in front of her, and not be able to save it.

He'll be able to get the dog back, and keep setting it onto little defenceless dogs.