Early Morning Tranquility Shattered

Kirislin

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow she has really hurt herself, poor love. You think of all the somersaults and running into things they do and they just get up and keep going. For her to go down and stay down she really hurt herself.

I am glad she had eaten and is more settled.

Lewis once hit a tree at speed, he slammed into it sideways went down and couldn't get up for what seemed like ages. When he did finally stand up he was standing with a tight curve in his spine, shaking etc. he did recover and over the course of the evening improved but he had the biggest lump and bruise and was very tender and swollen.

What concerned me the most was he didn't utter a sound. If he thinks he has hurt himself he screams blue murder.

You poor thing I hope you are both feeling a little better in the morning. I would go and have her checked by a Chiro, my old poodle had a bulging disc in her neck, the vet missed it but the Chiro picked it up immediately, luckily he did because we had to change her medication.

It's still early but so far Feather seems pretty good this morning. She was quiet overnight, didn't make a peep and Neko slept in the crate with her. When I let her out she had a big, but careful stretch, as if feeling her way to see if it hurt. Then she took herself outside for wees and poos and I watched from the window to see how she was moving. She trotted back in the house as normal. If she is in pain, I dont think it's very bad, not enough to warrant more meds.

I'll be keeping her quiet for the next few days, I wont encourage her to run around, but I'll let her work out what she feels up to.

I'm so relieved, I was sure I was going to have to have her put down yesterday so now I feel like I've won the lottery. Thankyou all for your concern and caring thoughts. If my little girl knew I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

3930350731_3f512291d4_n.jpg

I'm so glad to hear that Feather is feeling so much better today... what a horrible shock for you both yesterday though...

Please give her a soft cuddle from me - and whisper in her ear that Aunty Tracey says she's not allowed to scare Mummy like that ever again!

T.

She's snuggled up with Nurse Neko on the green chair now. The soapies and nana naps sound like the order of the day Perse, well, maybe some movies on iview instead. She's getting lots of cuddles, I'll give her some extras from DOLers.

oh wow...Im thrilled the update is so much better than I expected, given the absolute traumatic time you have both been through. Its just fantastic! I know Feather has some healing ahead but indeed this is so great to read.

:flower: Get well soon Feather