It's Time...

tdierikx

Thanks all... it's kinda wierd here this morning, as the usual routine has had to change. Now that I no longer have to keep Trouble and Zeddy separate, Trouble was reluctant to not go into her crate this morning... and she's refusing to share Zeddy's bed in the computer room with Pickles... or more likely Pickles won't let Trouble share it... *sigh*

I'm sure they will settle into the new routines soonish. Pickles and Harper appear to be pretty oblivious to the fact we are now a 3 dog household - which is strange because Pickles spent the most time with Zeddy, and apart from not letting Trouble on Zeddy's bed, she's not all that phased at all.

Dinner time is going to be interesting... I'll have to change that routine a bit too, as Zeddy used to be fed first.

As for me, I'm actually handling it all pretty well... Zeddy was never going to live forever, and I've internally been preparing for this for some time now. I hope I made it easier for the young vet that had to do the deed last night by not being a complete blithering mess...

T.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry for your loss. Zeddy was so like our sheltie, Shelley. She, too, was past 15 years & went in the back legs .... nothing vet could treat. It was time & even tho' it's for their best, it still breaks your heart. If I could send a message to the Rainbow Bridge, it'd be, 'Shelley, make Zeddy welcome & don't boss!'. Zeddy now can run free.

Edited by mita

Oh T, I am so very sorry that Zeddy has passed. May she and Woosie have a great reunion at the Bridge.

Huge hugs to you and the rest of the clan. They will settle soon and balance will be restored.

Lots of Rottie kisses and crazy cuddles coming your way.

Thanks all... it hits us all when things like this happen,yes? There but for the grace of God and all that...

I must say that it was so much easier on me that I'd had some exposure to the whole process during my rescue years - I know that I can handle what is happening, and even though it's my own dog that I've had for nearly 16 years as a faithful companion, I wasn't a blubbering mess for the poor vet to have to cope with on top of doing the one job they all really don't like.

Its kinda strange that she's not here, but also a little bit of a relief that it's all over now... and I'm not waiting for the day to come any more. Those of you with elderly and infirm dogs will know exactly what I'm talking about here...

Pickles is enjoying having access to my bed with Trouble when I go out... she used to be Zeddy's companion when I left the house, and they only had the kitchen and back yard access... as I had to keep Trouble and Zeddy separate. Now Pickles has access to the rest of the house, and Trouble has access to the yard also. I'm sure they will both get used to the new routine pretty quickly... *grin*

The tears will come at dinner time, when I'm one bowl short...

T.

Big hugs T. And yes I do know what its like - Life with my old boy is an emotional roller coaster at the best of times - just when i think I'm going to lose him he bounces back - but I know the day is coming when he won't and he'll go to keep Zeddy company. So take care, cry tonight and we'll be here. flower.jpg