Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought, Is one of the surving dogs well enough to take back to the property ( preferably a yappy one)((OR a dog that is well know to Mangus)) so on lead can be walked say down near the river /scrub well away from the house but on the boarders that was mentioned in a previous post???

1- the dog would be known to Mangus

2- Mangus would recognise the yap/bark

3- the dogs bark would proberly carry further than say a strangers voice that Mangus didn't know???

Not just a thought Harminee - but a really good one. Fingers crossed if this is possible it can draw him from his hiding spot.

Thank you Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_Rescue :) What an amazing person you are.

Steve I hope you are doing okay too, this must be hard on you.

Ive got the easy bit - Im down south and co ordinating it all but Lesley and Marg had a hard day yesterday picking up the bodies and the survivors.Both will have their hands full ensuring the ones they have taken home will be comfortable and looked after as Jed would want them to be.

2 more bodies were found later in the day after Marg and Lesley had left and removed the bodies they found out - The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed so their bodies have been recovered and will be buried as well.

So sad.

There just aren't the words. I just want to hug my dogs and never let go.

Thank you Kyla_QLD_Cavalier_Rescue :) What an amazing person you are.

Steve I hope you are doing okay too, this must be hard on you.

Ive got the easy bit - Im down south and co ordinating it all but Lesley and Marg had a hard day yesterday picking up the bodies and the survivors.Both will have their hands full ensuring the ones they have taken home will be comfortable and looked after as Jed would want them to be.

2 more bodies were found later in the day after Marg and Lesley had left and removed the bodies they found out - The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed so their bodies have been recovered and will be buried as well.

So sad.

Those poor dogs. :mad Lesley and Marg must also be feeling this all quite strongly. So, so sad. :mad I am not often moved to watery eyes but the sense of loss and horror is so overwhelming. I can't imagine what those close to Jed and the dogs are feeling.

Oh gosh 2 more precious babies gone :mad RIP sweet ones :)

Harminee that is a great idea about trying to bring Magnus out.

The other thing that someone suggested would be tracking, does anyone close by have a dog who tracks or maybe contact the tracking club I am sure they would be willing to offer their services.

I so hope Magnus is found quickly and worried that his age and his state of distress his condition could deteriorate, please Magnus come out so you can be wrapped in safe arms :mad

Just a thought, Is one of the surving dogs well enough to take back to the property ( preferably a yappy one)((OR a dog that is well know to Mangus)) so on lead can be walked say down near the river /scrub well away from the house but on the boarders that was mentioned in a previous post???

1- the dog would be known to Mangus

2- Mangus would recognise the yap/bark

3- the dogs bark would proberly carry further than say a strangers voice that Mangus didn't know???

Not just a thought Harminee - but a really good one. Fingers crossed if this is possible it can draw him from his hiding spot.

I'm just sitting here stying to think of constuctive things that may help ( call it gut feelings) so I don't cry.

I'll leave that for when Mangus is safe and Jed is giving the Nursing staff cheek

I got in here last night and after reading what had happened to Jed I just didn't know what to write. I was speechless.

This morning as I catch up read I am overcome with emotion. ;)

Jed may a speedy recovery be upon you . :):mad

:) RIP to all the dogs that have passed. You all know how much you were loved and adored.

DOL is such a special community. Words cannot express to the depth of how I feel. You are all right there when someone is in need.

This is what is missing on the news. Stories of hope, survival, healing and love.

I believe in angels. We have them walking among us now. All those that have jumped in to help Jed... you are all earths angels and we are lucky to have you among us. :mad

Thank you :D

I do hope that those that are handling the surviving animals and also dealing with those that were tragically lost have as much support as they need (emotional and physical), the job they are doing is amazing but no doubt would be taking a huge emotional toll on them too. They must be grieving terribly for their friend and animals that would probably know and love, my heart truly goes out to you. There is nothing that can be done for those innocent lives that have been lost apart from ensuring that they make their journey to Rainbow Bridge safely and Jed can be comforted in the fact that her friends treated them with as much love and dignity as she did when they were alive.

We online are the lucky one's, we can step away from this thread and cuddle our dogs when its too much.

But the team on the ground up there and steve are the one's who have all my admiration.

Thank dog you are there.

There will be enough horror & grief for Jed to confront when she leaves hospital - but now thanks to the team, she will have a resting place where her dogs are, to grieve over.

fifi

It looks like the horses will stay on her property and we will have someone feeding and watering daily and doing what ever needs to be done at least in the short term until we settle down and see what the prognosis is.

We also have people on their way right now to pick up the dogs and they will be staying with people Jed knows for now so there isnt any urgency for foster carers at this time.

I'm keeping note of all who say they may be able to help so if we need you I will give a yell.

We are also taking the bodies to be buried rather than allowing them to be sent to the tip so Jed can see their graves.

Julie

oh thank god got that.. i was about to ask if it were possible to bury those who had perished...

please let jed know that my thoughts and prayers are with her and her beloved dogs and horses..

this is horrific.

helen

Steve - I can make up lost signs today for Magnus in colour if you wish and deliver them to whom ever you like.

There is a large BP travel stop at Caboolture on the Bruce Highway that has many travellers through each day. Could flyers be posted/handed out there? Someone visiting family in the area may come across Magnus on thier travels or pass on the word to the family they are visiting. Also I know a lot of locals stop in there for coffee and takeaway food on the way to and from work.

The two adult boxers who were found under Jed's bed

:)

That did it .

:mad same here :mad

Oh :mad:mad

Thank you to everyone that is helping in a practical sense. It must be awful going back to the property and seeing the devastation, please look after yourselves aswell as i am sure this will all take a toll. :)

Jed, hang in there and keep fighting! We are all backing you, even if it is just from behind our computers. :)

Julie what you are the MDBA are doing is amazing. And of course the support/money/help being offered by DOLers is just mind blowing.

If it is ok with everyone, I would like to draw the attention of The Morning Show to not only this thread, but also to the amazing help and support of the MDBA. They took up Axle's story when he went missing so may be interested to see DOL at it again. It would be great for the public to see what the MDBA can and does do to help people in need.

That did it .

x2 :mad

x 3!

This whole thing is just so gut wrenching- and I am painfully aware that what I am feeling is such a tiny fraction of what Jed and those involved are feeling :mad more thoughts coming from here.

This thread is moving so fast...I have just lost the details of the bank details and address for cards??

Is there anyway someone could start maybe a seperate thread with the bank details , or perhaps put it somewhere else?

This thread is moving so fast...I have just lost the details of the bank details and address for cards??

Is there anyway someone could start maybe a seperate thread with the bank details , or perhaps put it somewhere else?

Yeah I hope so, I suggested for one on the other thread also:)

I guess everyone is very busy atm with all of this .

That did it .

x2 :mad

x 3!

This whole thing is just so gut wrenching- and I am painfully aware that what I am feeling is such a tiny fraction of what Jed and those involved are feeling :mad more thoughts coming from here.

So sad.

:mad:)

What an incredibly sad and difficult job Marg and Lesley have done. You are truly amazing.