Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone, and thanks so much to everyone who donated to the auctions, or who bought things, and to the people who donated money. I mostly know who you are, but whether I know or not, I thank you most sicerely, from the bottom of my heart

I am so very grateful. Unfortunately, while I am not working, there is no money coming in to live on, or to pay the mortgage, so every cent is so welcome. I would sell the property to pay off the mortgage, but no one is going to buy a block of land with a burned out house, unless it is very cheap, so being able to hang on, with help from this forum is wonderful. Your help is just so appreciated.

I miss my dogs so much, and I hurt so much, it is wonderful not to have to worry about money just now as well.

Edited by Jed

Jed, can you apply for sickness benefits ?

I hope you don't have to sell your assetts to survive :-(

hang in there Jed, hopefully insurance will kick in to rebuild you.

fifi

It's all good Jed dearest.

We are here to support you whatever happens. You've got so many friends here.

Just don't worry and get better. All will be well :thumbsup:

Edited by Anna

Jed, I am quite usre DOL will help support you as long as you need it.

One thing have you contacted Centrlink at all? there will be some benefits available to you, maybe not much but something is better than nothing? I know you can't get out and about yet, but maybe your firiend could help you out by enquiring or picking up forms?

There is a basic medical allowence anyone can get regardless of assest etc, then it can go up from there.

We all really feel for you and wish there was more we could do. Oh Jed I really wish there was more I could do.

I feel sure you would be eligible for sickness benefits and a social worker should have come to you in hospital to get the ball rolling. If they didn't they've failed miserably. If you're not up to dealing with all that yet can your friend ring Centrelink and let them know. They might even send someone out to where you're staying. You need some $$ coming in and you are entitled to it, this is just the sort of emergency it's for.

Another thing would be to talk to your mortgage lender and see if you can reduce or hold payments for a while. If you have mortgage insurance that might also give you some additional options....

Hope things get worked out for you really soon!! :happydance:

That's the weird thing about centrelink when I was a poor student living off benefits I went to one of their info sessions and was shocked to learn that if you are renting you can get rent assistance but if you are paying a mortgage there is absolutely no benefit to help with that, not good to know that things haven't improved on that front. One thing that may be open to you is some banks will let you have a 'repayment holiday' not much of a holiday since they still gouge the interest but sometimes they can leave off the repayments for a while so it might be worth chasing up that avenue for assistance too.

If you are still in need of a carer it may also be worthwhile chasing up disability services Queensland and HACC services as well you might be eligible for some other services that might be useful.

Hope you can get to spend time with your own dogs soon, I can't imagine being away from my animals for this long

:happydance:

Thanks everyone, and thanks so much to everyone who donated to the auctions, or who bought things, and to the people who donated money. I mostly know who you are, but whether I know or not, I thank you most sicerely, from the bottom of my heart

I am so very grateful. Unfortunately, while I am not working, there is no money coming in to live on, or to pay the mortgage, so every cent is so welcome. I would sell the property to pay off the mortgage, but no one is going to buy a block of land with a burned out house, unless it is very cheap, so being able to hang on, with help from this forum is wonderful. Your help is just so appreciated.

I miss my dogs so much, and I hurt so much, it is wonderful not to have to worry about money just now as well.

Hi Jed

I have been a Residential Lending Manager for 15 years. If I can be of help in regards to what you need to know before you go to your Financial institution please feel free to PM me I am more then happy to help you around this as there is always quite a lot of options and not always are you dealing with someone that has that knowledge, which can end up a frustrating and fruitless exercise :happydance:

Yes, some banks will allow you to apply for hardship - a payment stop of three months, which can be a blessing in a situation like this.

Apart from financials, I hope your body & heart are healing Jed, and that your living situation is okay too.

sending wolfie leans (gentle ones)

fifi xxxx

Thanks everyone, have applied for and been granted sickness benefits. May be able to get deferrment of the mortgage. Unfortunately, I wont be able to work for some months, and the deferrment wont last that long. No house for about 6 months, so I need rent something when my friends get sick of me. Will be off sickness then, and on the dole, although I wont be well enough to work. You need to be half dead to get sickness benefits.

Went to the property today. The state of the house is incredible. Unbelievable.

Daughter was happy to take me, as I was worried about the ponies.

Silver lining in everything. I found one of my uber expensive (bought on sale) sneakers, that I just loved, in the yard, un damaged. The other was in the laundry, where I had probably put it to dry. The dryer and washing machine had melted, but the second sneaker was fine. I was so happy.

I now have 2 pairs of shoes!! :grouphug:

The girls are bringing the dogs down to see me on Monday - they asked which ones, and I said "Charlotte, and um, Dolly, and Grace, and perhaps Glory" --- so they gave up and said they would bring them all. Lovely to see them, I miss them so but it's nice that they have such marvellous people to care for them.

Thanks everyone, have applied for and been granted sickness benefits. May be able to get deferrment of the mortgage. Unfortunately, I wont be able to work for some months, and the deferrment wont last that long. No house for about 6 months, so I need rent something when my friends get sick of me. Will be off sickness then, and on the dole, although I wont be well enough to work. You need to be half dead to get sickness benefits.

Went to the property today. The state of the house is incredible. Unbelievable.

Daughter was happy to take me, as I was worried about the ponies.

Silver lining in everything. I found one of my uber expensive (bought on sale) sneakers, that I just loved, in the yard, un damaged. The other was in the laundry, where I had probably put it to dry. The dryer and washing machine had melted, but the second sneaker was fine. I was so happy.

I now have 2 pairs of shoes!! :grouphug:

The girls are bringing the dogs down to see me on Monday - they asked which ones, and I said "Charlotte, and um, Dolly, and Grace, and perhaps Glory" --- so they gave up and said they would bring them all. Lovely to see them, I miss them so but it's nice that they have such marvellous people to care for them.

Yay for the shoes Jed, I'm glad there was something positive there for you. :) I'm sure the ponies were pleased to see you too. I can't wait to hear what all the dogs are like when they see you again. :) A huge thumbs up to your carer, your daughter and the wonderful ladies who are taking such good care of your dogs. It's times like these that the really special people shine. ;)

Morning Jed.

These times ahead are certainly going to be tough. But I am glad you have a plan, be in semi permanent for now. It is amazing how things do have a way of working out, though I realise that may not be much consolation right now.

An extra pair or runners is awesome :rofl: What a find. Nice to see you still looking for the silver lining where ever you can see it.

It must have been hard seeing your house like that :laugh: Yes, it definitely makes sense to try to hang on to the property if you possibly can. I really hope so. Do you have a plan to rebuild? Is there much/any of the house that is salvagable?

Oh how exciting, doggies coming for a visit tomorrow. Wow, that will be a very special moment. I hope someone has a camera on hand. The dogs will be so excited to see you Jed. :)

I look forward to hearing how that visit goes, if you feel like sharing with us.

And you are very welcome regarding assistance. Us DOLers love to help you. :D

Have a good day Jed. You are never far away from my thoughts.