Women Injured And Animals Killed In Overnight Fires (caboolture Qld)

Boronia

popping in to say hi jed.. its a really chilly SEQ day.. clear skies but cold wind. a good day to be snuggled up with friends.

candle lit

you are in my thoughts constantly

H

greeting to the waiting room folks.. what a warm and welcoming place this has turned out to be..

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday Marg Coles and I spent several hours visiting Jed. Her daughter joined us later and it was great to catch up. Jed is overwhelmed with the support from you guys to the point I don't think she can quite come to terms with it. She still has quite a way to go but she's getting there. Everyones mail was delivered and again she and her daughter were amazed at the pile of letters, cards, packets, parcels etc which I imagine Jed will open gradually each day. She said to say Hi and Thank You.

Thank you Goldchow! It's so nice to hear these little updates :)

I hope Jed doesn't feel any pressure to come on to DOL before she's ready. It would be a little overwhelming to know that so many are people waiting for you.

Please tell Jed to take her time, and get well and strong first :rofl: . We're happy to wait and amuse ourselves while she's on the mend. Her recovery is the most important thing :thanks:

How wonderful to get first hand news of Jed. She must be feeling much better for you to be able to spend so much time with her. Great news.

And now, Jed, just a few words to you. Don't feel pressured or anything, but we expect lots and lotds of photos of your hospital room covered in cards and letters - LOL.

You and yours are constantly in the thoughts of Mooch City. :thanks::):rofl:

Hi guys, a message for you from Jed..

She wants to thank you all so much for your generosity. All the donations will be of great benefit to help her get back on her feet and she appreciates it all enormously. One of her cats is in need of a lot of medical treatment and surgery to aid her recovery from her burns and injuries also, so that will help her too.

Also, Jed continues to be overwhelmed by your support. It means a great deal to her, and is boosting her spirits as she recovers.

She now has her laptop set up and running in her room, and is reading DOL, but cannot post due to her hand burns, and that fact that she gets tired very easily.

It may be a while, but she will tell her story when she can :hug:

She is grieving for her three boxers, Beth, Roxy and Paris, her two cockers, Magnus and Meg, the three boxer babies, and her one 4 week old cav baby, who she rescued but she still died..

Edited by Toohey

Thank you Toohey. It's so great to hear she's able to get online now. That's a big improvement.

Jed! Hi there. I don't know you very well but I have held you in my thoughts since this happened. I can only imagine how you're feeling Jed, losing all those precious babies. You have such a lot to deal with - sort of cliche but so true - one step at a time eh!

My heart goes out to you. Wishing you a speedy recovery. :eek::hug:

Thank you so very much Toohey for the updates :hug: Wonderful news.

Jed, great job! Keep healing well and we will continue sending healing vibes, throughts and prayers.

I know you need to go through the grieving process. It may ease the pain a bit to remember that you have SAVED lives.

Edited by Anna

Thanks for all the updates Toohey :rofl:

She now has her laptop set up and running in her room, and is reading DOL, but cannot post due to her hand burns, and that fact that she gets tired very easily.

It may be a while, but she will tell her story when she can :rofl:

Yoohoo :eek: Hi Jed, great to hear you are able to read DOL again :hug:

Hi Jed :hug::eek::rofl: Welcome back to DOL-land, even if you're just reading !! (By the time you get through all these pages, you should be able to join in too!)

I am so glad you are feeling stronger and I just want to say to you how sorry I am for the loss of your precious animals and everything else you lost that awful night. I am just grateful that you made it out and your daughter is ok and you have your other beautiful animals waiting for you to get back to them. God bless you Jed. :rofl:

Thank you for the update Toohey. You know how to keep the masses coming back for more! :rofl:

Goldchow and Toohey, thanks for the updates, good to hear that Jed is improving daily. :eek:

Jed, today has been the coldest day I can recall since moving to Woodford in Aug 2007. (Almost as cold as Auckland NZ in the winter :hug: except not wet) Has not got above 16.5C, but with wind probably more like 14C, little or no sun. OH lit our wood burner at 3.00pm, pretty toasty in here a.t.m. :rofl:

The smaller members of the Zoo are all tucked up. McGinty, the birman in the spare bedroom, five on my bed whilst Odin is asleep in his crate in the living room.

Bree has gone off her food in the last 2 days but temp normal. Must decamp to the grannyflat with her tomorrow so she has some space away from the others.

Take care :rofl:

That is fantastic news to hear. I check in here daily for updates and I am so glad that Jed is now able to at least read DOL and see how much she has contributed to this forum.

By the time you have read this whole 167 (so far) pages you might just be up to putting a little update in yourself.

goldchow & Toohey, thanks you so much for the updates :eek:

And to you Jed, it has brought tears to my eyes(happy tears of course) to know that you can come on here and read how everyone is thinking of you so often :hug:

I have been waiting for this time to post a piece of writing I've kept(for about 20 years lol :rofl: )....I'm unsure of the author.

Hope you like it :rofl:

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry.

Two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is YESTERDAY, with it's mistakes and cares, it's aches and pains, it's faults and blunders.

Yesterday has past forever beyond our control.

All the money in the world cannot undo a single act we performed.

We cannot erase a single word we said, yesterday is gone.

The other day we should not worry about is TOMORROW, with it's possible adversities, it's large promise and poor performance.

Tomorrow also is beyond our immediate control.

Tomorrows sun will rise, either in splendour or behind a mask of clouds.....but it will rise.

Until it does we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unknown.

That leaves only one...TODAY.

Any man can fight the battles of just one day.

It's only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities, yesterday and tomorrow, that we break down.

It is not the experience of today that drives people mad.

It is the remorse or bitterness which happened yesterday and the dread of what tomorrow may bring.

Let us therefore, journey, but one day at a time.

Thanks so much for the updates.

Hi Jed, so very glad you are on the mend, the best news I could get. I am sure The Dool is showing your loved ones the ropes at the rainbow bridge. I had another cocker, Wade Jefferson, join them yesterday so there is plenty of cheer and games going on I am sure.

The best day will come when we can read your posts again. Take care and remember, step by step.

Your DOL friend, Sandy :):(

Hi guys, a message for you from Jed..

She wants to thank you all so much for your generosity. All the donations will be of great benefit to help her get back on her feet and she appreciates it all enormously. One of her cats is in need of a lot of medical treatment and surgery to aid her recovery from her burns and injuries also, so that will help her too.

Also, Jed continues to be overwhelmed by your support. It means a great deal to her, and is boosting her spirits as she recovers.

It may be a while, but she will tell her story when she can :eek:

She is grieving for her three boxers, Beth, Roxy and Paris, her two cockers, Magnus and Meg, the three boxer babies, and her one 4 week old cav baby, who she rescued but she still died..

Toohey, thank you for taking the time to let us know how things are progressing. :eek:

Jed, I'm so happy to hear that you're able to at least read (perhaps only in small bursts) but still, to do something a little normal again. :) We are all grieving with you for your beloved dogs. I light a candle for them each time I light one for you. I hope that time will be a great healer for you. :):(:laugh:

Raffikki, I really loved the Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow piece. :eek:

Ceilidh, I'm so sorry to hear about Wade Jefferson - may he run free with all the others who have gone before him. :eek: